YUAN Bo, Ph.D.
Associate Investigator, TIB, Tianjin, China
2002-2006 BSc Degree, School of Chemistry, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
2006-2007 MSc Degree, School of Materials, University of Manchester, UK
2007-2011 PhD Degree, School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, UK. Supervisor: Prof. Nicholas J. Turner
2011-2016 Croda Ltd. UK&China
2016-2020 Lecturer & Associate Professor, Xi’an Jiaotong University
2020-present Associate Investigator, Tianjin Institute of Industrial Biotechnology, Tianjin, China
Our main research interests are in the areas of biocatalysis, enzyme engineering, enzyme immobilization and synthesis of functional compounds as drug intermediates.
1. Enzyme catalyzed chiral oxidations and reductions. Employing galactose oxidase and other enzymes to catalyze kinetic resolutions, deracemizations of complex molecules.
2. Biocatalysis of axially chiral compounds. Employing enzyme catalyzed cascade reactions to synthesize atropisomers in high optical purity.
3. Nano-materials and enzyme composite catalytic systems. Employing nano-materials as carriers to immobilize enzymes for biocatalysis and large-scale manufacturing of functional compounds.
1. B. Yuan, D. Mahor, Q. Fei, R. Wever, M. Alcalde, W. Zhang, F. Hollmann, Water-Soluble Anthraquinone Photocatalysts Enable Methanol Driven Enzymatic Halogenation and Hydroxylation Reactions, ACS Catalysis, 2020, 10, 8277-8284.
2. B. Yuan, D. Debecker, X. Wu, J. Xiao, Q. Fei, N. J. Turner, One‐pot Chemoenzymatic Deracemisation of Secondary Alcohols Employing Variants of Galactose Oxidase and Transfer Hydrogenation, Chemcatchem, 2020, 12, 6191-6195
3. B. Yuan, A. Page, C. P. Worrall, F. Escalettes, S. C. Willies, J. J. W. McDouall, N. J. Turner and J. Clayden, Biocatalytic desymmetrization of an atropisomer with both an enantioselective oxidase and ketoreductases, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2010, 49, 7010-7013.
4. B. Yuan, F. Escalettes, and N. J. Turner, Practical Methods for Biocat. and Biotrans. 2, Chapter 6.2, Selective Enzymatic Oxidation of Atropisomeric Diaryl Ethers by Oxidation with Oxygen and Catalytic Galactose Oxidase M3-5; Chapter 6.3, Kinetic Resolution of Chiral Secondary Alcohol by Oxidation with Oxygen and Catalytic Galactose Oxidase M3-5, 2012, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
5. Staniland, S., B. Yuan, Giménez-Agulló, N., Marcelli, T., Willies, S. C., Grainger, D. M., N. J. Turner, Clayden, J. Enzymatic Desymmetrising Redox Reactions for the Asymmetric Synthesis of Biaryl Atropisomers, Chemistry: A European Journal, 2014, 20, 13084-8.